Here are the highlights from the day:
* Quarterback Daniel Jones, who has exactly 1,000 rushing yards in his career, ran into a touchdown in Monday’s practice. Jones has averaged 5.81 yards per carry since 2019, third-highest in the NFL among players with at least 150 attempts in that span. Ravens quarterback Lamar Jackson is first (6.36), followed by Seahawks running back Rashaad Penny (5.91).
* Undrafted rookie tight end Andre Miller caught a touchdown from Davis Webb on the left side of the end zone. Miller, 6-3 and 220 pounds, played wide receiver at Maine, where he earned first-team All-Colonial Athletic Association honors.
“He’s got good size,” Daboll said at rookie minicamp about transitioning Miller to tight end. “Obviously he played on the perimeter a lot there in Maine. He has good size, and he has some skill set that we can maybe develop here a little bit in the inside part of the offensive formation, wherever that may be, whether it’s attached and off the ball a little bit in the slot, maybe some in the backfield. Just trying to find a role. Has some athleticism. Ran well. Hopefully he can contribute on special teams when he’s here. Just a guy that has some athleticism, want to take a look at in that role. “
* The Giants ended practice with a period in the red zone starting at the five-yard line. Jones made it quick with a touchdown pass to wide receiver Darius Slayton on the first play.
* There were a few close plays by the defense, but it was a clean day for the offense in the turnover department.
* Safety Xavier McKinney flew around and made plays all morning, starting with a pass breakup during a three-on-three drill. He got his hands on another pass later during a team period.
* Cornerback Michael Jacquet III has made his presence felt in the short time that he has been with the Giants and forced another incompletion today. A 6-foot-1, 203-pounder, Jacquet played in the 2021 season finale for the Jacksonville Jaguars and in seven games with two starts for the 2020 Philadelphia Eagles. He signed with the Giants on May 19.
* Rookie linebacker Darrian Beavers, a 6-foot-4, 255-pound draft choice out of Cincinnati, plays up to his size and nearly intercepted a pass on Monday.
* Rookie wide receiver Wan’Dale Robinson, the shortest player on the team at 5-foot-8, racked up the catches once again.
* Wide receiver Alex Bachman, who made a handful of catches on the day, almost pulled in a great touchdown catch from Tyrod Taylor in the back of the end zone but was unable to keep his feet in bounds. Just before, the two connected on a picturesque throw by Taylor through the outstretched arms of two defenders.
May 24, May 26, May 31-June 3, June 7-9 (mandatory minicamp)